Here are just a few reasons a community should consider forming a revitalization organization.
A vital downtown or neighborhood commercial district:
- Reflects community prosperity and pride
- Represents a significant portion of the community's tax base
- Offers convenience and service
- Reduces sprawl by concentrating retail in one area, thus using community resources wisely
- Protects property values in surrounding residential neighborhoods
- Becomes a prominent employment center
The traditional downtown business district is an ideal location for independent businesses, which in turn:
- Helps keep profits in town
- Supports other local businesses and services
- Supports other local family-owned businesses
- Supports local community projects and schools
- Provides a diverse economic foundation
If you are a community just starting a downtown revitalization program, our Network is for you. This is a great opportunity for those looking to network and attend training on the downtown redevelopment process, but yet seeking in-depth services.
Learn more about the Network - the first step in revitalizing your community with Main Street Alabama.
Main Street Alabama was launched in 2013.
Main Streets are prominent employment centers
Main Streets help keep profits in town