Our Network is for You!
A healthy, thriving downtown district is an asset to any community. A downtown embodies a community's unique past and hope for a prosperous future.
Arab, Ashford, Attalla, Boaz, Centreville, Clanton, Daphne, Demopolis, Five Points South-Birmingham, Five Points West-Birmingham, LaFayette, Lanett, Luverne, Madison, Ozark, Piedmont, Prattville, Russellville, Sylacauga, Thomasville, Tuskegee
A vital downtown core:
- Reflects community prosperity and pride
- Represents a significant portion of the community's tax base
- Offers convenience and service
- Reduces sprawl by concentrating retail in one area, thus using community resources wisely
- Protects property values in surrounding residential neighborhoods
- Becomes a prominent employment center
The traditional downtown business districts is an ideal location for independent businesses, which in turn:
- Helps keep profits in town
- Supports other local businesses and services
- Supports other local family owned businesses
- Supports local community projects and schools
- Provides a diverse economic foundation
If you are a community just starting a downtown revitalization program, our Network is for you. This is a great opportunity for those looking to network and attend training on the downtown redevelopment process, but yet seeking in-depth services.
Tiered Program of Services
If you are interested in participating in our training opportunities, but are not participating in our program at this time, each of our trainings are open and are offered at the rate of $125 per person.
Not associated with a Service Tier below - Fee per training $125/person
Full-day workshops on revitalization trends, tools and best practices from around the country. Each training session provides take-home-and-put-to-use information, from how to do promotions that work, to understanding community-initiated development and learning to manage the changes in your downtown. Training sessions are held quarterly in Designated Main Street communities around the state.
Network - $500 Annual Fee
For communities just starting a downtown revitalization effort and those that want to network with other communities and attend training on the downtown redevelopment process but are not yet seeking in-depth services.
- 5 hours telephone or electronic consultation with Main Street Alabama staff
- On-site initial presentation to introduce the Main Street program
- Eligible to purchase additional services at Network rates
- Full-day workshops on revitalization trends, tools and best practices from around the country, at a discounted rate of $100/person for Network communities. Each training session provides take-home-and-put-to-use information, from how to do promotions that work, to understanding community-initiated development and learning to manage the changes in your downtown. Training sessions are held quarterly in Designated Main Street communities around the state.
- Access to Main Street Alabama resource library
- Receive regular e-mail communications from Main Street Alabama so you know what’s up in the downtown redevelopment field
Special Events & Networking
- Interact at quarterly training with others from across the state who are working on downtown redevelopment projects, sharing information and support
Fill out and return the forms at the top of the page if you are interested in becoming a member of Main Street Alabama's Downtown Revitalization Communities