Our Network is for You!
A healthy, thriving downtown district is an asset to any community. A downtown embodies a community's unique past and hope for a prosperous future.
Arab, Ashford, Ashland, Attalla, Boaz, Camden, Centreville, Clanton, Daphne, Demopolis, Ensley, Five Points South-Birmingham, Five Points West-Birmingham, Greensboro, Guin, Haleyville, Hartselle, Hobson City, Irondale, LaFayette, Lanett, Lineville, Luverne, Madison, Maplesville, Midway, Ozark, Piedmont, Prattville, Russellville, Sylacauga, Talladega, Tarrant, Thomasville, Thorsby, Tuskegee, York
A vital downtown core:
- Reflects community prosperity and pride
- Represents a significant portion of the community's tax base
- Offers convenience and service
- Reduces sprawl by concentrating retail in one area, thus using community resources wisely
- Protects property values in surrounding residential neighborhoods
- Becomes a prominent employment center
The traditional downtown business districts is an ideal location for independent businesses, which in turn:
- Helps keep profits in town
- Supports other local businesses and services
- Supports other local family-owned businesses
- Supports local community projects and schools
- Provides a diverse economic foundation
If you are a community just starting a downtown revitalization program, our Network is for you. This is a great opportunity for those looking to network and attend training on the downtown redevelopment process, but yet seeking in-depth services.
Network - $500 Annual Fee
For communities just starting a downtown revitalization effort and those that want to network with other communities and attend training on the downtown redevelopment process but are not yet seeking in-depth services.
- 5 hours telephone or electronic consultation with Main Street Alabama staff
- On-site initial presentation to introduce the Main Street program
- Eligible to purchase additional services at Network rates
- Full-day workshops on revitalization trends, tools and best practices from around the country, at a discounted rate of $100/person for Network communities. Each training session provides take-home-and-put-to-use information, from how to do promotions that work, to understanding community-initiated development and learning to manage the changes in your downtown. Training sessions are held quarterly in Designated Main Street communities around the state.
- Access to Main Street Alabama resource library
- Receive regular e-mail communications from Main Street Alabama so you know what’s up in the downtown redevelopment field
Special Events & Networking
- Interact at quarterly training with others from across the state who are working on downtown redevelopment projects, sharing information and support
Mail: Complete brochure and mail with $500 payment to, Main Street Alabama, 880 Montclair Road, Suite 245, Birmingham, AL 35213.
Sign up & pay online: