Main Street Committees
The proven Main Street Four-Point Approach® helps communities to organize themselves for success, improve the design of their neighborhoods, promote their districts, and enhance the economic base of a community. Main Street Alabama follows the Main Street Four-Point Approach® at the state level as well with the following committee structure in addition to the board of directors.
Committees meet electronically monthly/as needed. If you are interested in serving on a committee contact us at 205-910-8819 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Promotion & Organization
Building consensus and cooperation among public and private groups and individuals, public relations, communication and identifying sources of funding for revitalization activities. Marketing Main Street Alabama as well as local Main Street Programs through events and advertising to attract customers, potential investors, new businesses, residents, and visitors to local Main Street Communities.
- Awards program
- Quarterly training and conference
- Promote downtowns in Alabama as the center of commerce, culture and community
- Public Relations/Communication/Media
- Developing and maintaining partnerships life for residents and visitors
Strengthening the state’s economic base and creating new opportunities through careful analysis and appropriate mixed-use development.
- Market study/data analysis
- Develop and promote loan fund
- Identify new business opportunities for downtowns in Alabama
Assist with enhancing local commercial district’s physical appearance through building rehabilitation, compatible new construction, public improvements, and design management systems.
- Design guidelines
- Design services for communities
- Historic preservation